Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to mount a tape and tell NetBackup to use it for file restore

2001-09-10 22:43:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to mount a tape and tell NetBackup to use it for file restore
From: MarelP AT AUSTRALIA.Stortek DOT com (Marelas, Peter)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:43:23 +1000
Given there is no barcode you would need to move it into a drive
manually. Then netbackup will read the label on tape and the
media should become available.

If I remember correctly you can use vmchange to move tapes around
in the library. To move it into a drive you may need to use
robtest.

You could overcome most of this if you had a corresponding
barcode label.

Regards
Peter Marelas