Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape management and buffers

2001-09-10 09:41:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape management and buffers
From: dayalsd AT lycos DOT com (dayal singh)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:41:21 -0500
NBU Gurus,
           I have couple of simple questions.

1)How you guys handling the frozen tapes which keep coming back even after
unfreezing them. I did unfreeze some of the tape but when on the next day I
found most of them came back to frozen state. I checkeed the media error log
and it has media read,write and some position errors(of course I found some
downed drives). Shall I trash these tapes or is there any other way I can
re-use them ?

2) If I change the SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS, does this affect
my restores from the old tapes ?

3)What exactly does NET_BUFFER_SZ  ?

Y'r response is greatly appreciated.

TIA