Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Backup question (solution)

2001-09-06 17:27:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Backup question (solution)
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:27:39 -0500
Ok ... digging through the documentation a little more, I discovered that
the rman scripts
can back-up to schedules of type "Backup Policy". So, now for each of my
schedules I have
also a policy. For instance, ColdFull and ColdFull-P. Then my rman call in
the backup script looks like:

su - oracle -c "
. setOraProfile -s=RFIN;
rman target / nocatalog <<!
shutdown immediate;
startup mount;
run {
   allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
   send 'NB_ORA_CLASS=RFIN, NB_ORA_SCHED=ColdFull-P';
   backup
      incremental level 0 cumulative
      format 'RFIN_c0_%s_%p_%t'
   database;