Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 license question

2001-09-05 13:08:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 license question
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:08:27 -0400
>From what I've seen so far, from this list and talking with Sun, the clients
>are not licensed. Just the Master/Media servers as well as the tape drives and
>any DB Extensions you may have. The consensus is make sure you have ALL the
>keys in hand before you start the install/upgrade or else you'll be waiting on
>them. If this is different than what anyone else has seen or heard, please let
>us know.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu> 09/05/01 11:23AM >>>

 Hi.

 I just received our NetBackup 3.4 media/doc update from Sun and the
 associated license keys.  However, in terms of the license keys, I don't
 see anything that explicitly references client licenses.  It looks like
 just the server license and two storage unit licenses.  Are the client
 licenses included in the server license, or should there be separate
 keys for the clients?

 Thanks,

 John Meyers
 Computing Services