Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Simulation

2001-09-05 11:10:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Simulation
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:10:28 -0500
As far as having NBU "do the reads, but not the writes", I have heard
rumors of a file that can be created that will put NBU into a
"non-writing" mode, i.e. all backups are written to /dev/null instead of
disk or tape.  But I don't know the details of that. I have done this
manually by calling bpbkar by hand on the NBU client:

   root # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbkar -dt 0 -r 888 -nocont /var >
/dev/null

But you mention seeing the "tapes that would have been used" - I don't
know of a way to trick NetBackup into selecting a tape without NBU
attempting to write to that tape.  (you could just write protect the
tape, but then your simulation backup would fail...)

HTH
rob