Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4 tier architecture

2001-09-04 22:17:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4 tier architecture
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:17:58 -0400 (EDT)
If the client requests a backup, it issues that request to the master,
who decides which storage unit to use and contacts the appropriate
media server, which then contacts the client.

The metadata is transferred from the client to the media server and
then on to the master.  There is a little bit stored on the media
server, but the vast majority is kept on the master.

The diagrams you're looking for can be found in Appendix A of the
Troubleshooting Guide.