Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris and NT OTM ?

2001-09-03 13:25:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris and NT OTM ?
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:25:33 -0400 (EDT)
OTM gives you the ability to backup open files and a point in time
image of sorts.  But this functionality is not necessary simply to
backup files.

If you want the same type of functionality (and more) on Solaris,
check out FlashBackup.  This uses a dedicated cache partition (not
swap).

You also may want to look at "Busy File Processing" in the NBU SAG for
related information.