Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2K client crash with multiple streams

2001-09-02 21:49:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2K client crash with multiple streams
From: DAllen AT axa.com DOT au (DAllen AT axa.com DOT au)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:49:21 +1000
Hi all,

We have recently started backing up our first Win2K client over the network
to a HPUX 11 Master and Media server.
We have a problem whereby if we setup specific streams in the file list,
the Win2K machine crashes during the backup.

If we specify ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in the file list, everything works fine.

However, most of the data is on one drive, so we really want to break the
backup of that drive down into seperate streams.  Hwoever, whenever we do
this, the server crashes.

The J08450645 patch looked like it might fix the problem, but we've applied
(and reapplied) the patch with no success.

The file list which is causing the problems looks a bit like this....

NEW_STREAM
System_State:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
G:\
NEW_STREAM
F:\double take\common\
NEW_STREAM
F:\double take\shares\

Yes I'll be placing a call with Veritas about this, but thought somebody on
this list might have a quick fix.

Thanks,
Dean

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.