Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Long Ruuning Database BAckup

2001-08-31 11:53:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Long Ruuning Database BAckup
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
You may find this helpful in reducing the amount of db cleaning time:

IMO (and I've been in your situation), you really need to have a
window every day for the database backup (and anything else you need
to do).  This may include improving your infrastructure (network, tape
drives, etc).  Are you doing duplications also (adding more drives may
help speed this up)?  If you've got files that don't change and are
kept for long periods of time, but end up getting backed up in every
full, you might want to look at NetBackup Storage Migrator.