Veritas-bu

[veritas-bu] socket operation Failed

2001-08-31 09:25:55
Subject: [veritas-bu] socket operation Failed
From: Josserand.Moraillon AT agf DOT be (Josserand.Moraillon AT agf DOT be)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:25:55 +0200
Hello,
I am encountering a problem where somes server out of the 20 or so that are
backed up fails. A check of problem log shows the following error
messages:
>From Client servername: FTL TAR FILE WRITE ERROR(10054)
Socket Operation Failed 10054[at ../child.c.819]
Unable to perform read from client socket, connection may have been
broken.
backup of client servername exited with status 14(File write failed)
schedular exiting - file write failed.
Everything looks fine with the network. This is a primary database
server so
if there was a network problem the whole application would stop running
and
that is not happening. If anybody has seen this before and knows what is
causing it, I would appreciate any information you could provide.

Josserand Moraillon