Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Consistent Status 41 on NT Backup

2001-08-30 08:54:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Consistent Status 41 on NT Backup
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:54:58 -0400
I know I saw a conversation on this recently but in looking through the
archives I couldn't locate it.

I have an NT server that consistently gets a STATUS 41 during the regularly
scheduled backup (including the retry) but when I submit the job manually, it
runs fine. There's nothing different about this server compared to my other 80+
NT servers other than the fact that it is running a software product called
InVision. This problem only appeared about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I have been
backing this server up for more than a year with very few problems. They now
seem to be happening on a more regular basis. A reboot of the server seems to
resolve the issue for a few backup cycles but before you know it, they're back.
I also know that this server is running MS/SQL.

Could whoever was chasing this thread on this list in the recent past please
let me know if you have resolved this issue and what you did to resolve it?

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice