Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup routing

2001-08-27 14:20:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup routing
From: bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com (BAHNMILLER,BRYAN (A-ColSprings,ex1))
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:20:15 -0600
Chris,

  I have observed the behaviour you have described - "the initial connect
request through the REQUIRED_INTERFACE" - with the rest of the data going
out of the client through its primary interface, instead of the backup
interface.

  The only way we have been able to overcome this problem, from the client
side, is to set a static route on the client. However, this would not
correct the problem of the data coming into the server on its primary
interface. That would have to be corrected by your networking folks.

    Bryan

Bryan Bahnmiller
Agilent Technologies
Colorado Springs, CO