Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] a large file, error 41

2001-08-27 11:36:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] a large file, error 41
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:36:37 -0600
Veritas says set it to 1 sec but Sun says don't go below 1 minute.

>From Sun's Doc Web pages:
tcp_time_wait_interval
Description
The time in milliseconds a TCP connection stays in TIME-WAIT state.
Refer to RFC 1122, 4.2.2.13 for more information.
4 minutes
Range
1 second to 10 minutes
Dynamic?
Yes
When to Change
On a busy web server, there can be too many TCP connections in TIME-WAIT
state, consuming too much memory. In this situation, you can decrease the
value for performance reasons. Do not set the value lower than 60 seconds.
Refer to RFC 1122, 4.2.2.13 for more information.
Commitment Level
Unstable