Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to reuse tapes in another backup application?

2001-08-27 08:54:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to reuse tapes in another backup application?
From: kas AT veritas DOT com (Karen Schoenbauer)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:54:10 -0500
NetBackup does nothing special to prevent another vendors software from
writing onto these tapes.  If you can tar over the head, the tape looks like
a tar tape to NetBackup.   Check ArcServe manuals for anything related to
what netbackup has "ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = TAR"  which allows Netbackup to
overwrite tar tapes.