Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix or NT?

2001-08-23 15:41:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix or NT?
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:41:02 -0700
OK, OK... ;)
Perhaps the comment was a little harsh.
I actually have a lot of respect for Tru64, especially TruCluster.
However, my point is that Veritas ports to them last.  It's a bummer.

At 03:20 PM 8/23/2001 -0400, Daniel Monjar wrote:
> > 4. Tru64 != UNIX
> >    Veritas ports to and certifies them last.  You will always behind the
> > power curve.
> >    If your choice is Tru64 for a master, or W2k as a master, I'd go Win2k.
> >    (And buy Aeleen Frisch's book "Win2k Command line.")
> >

>points are well taken but I'd have to disagree with "Tru64 != Unix".
>The fact that it comes last is something I've grown used to.  With an
>application like backups I tend to be very conservated about changes
>anyway.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs,   your storage experts
Voice: 760 710 7017                            Fax: 760 710 7019
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com curtis AT backupcentral DOT com