Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] pending requests

2001-08-21 19:55:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] pending requests
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:55:19 -0500
Never mind.

vmoprcmd documentation and syntax on CLI both say that the -h option is for
the volume database host.  I only have one volume database host, which is my
master.  It appears that the -h option actually does show information for
remote hosts.  Looks like this option is misdocumented.

Also, I overlooked the -resubmit option on vmoprcmd.  I assumed this is where
it would be but I just looked at the manual too fast and missed it.

Thanks,

Scott

                    scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com

                    Sent by:                             To:     veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:
[Veritas-bu] pending requests

                    08/21/2001 06:36 PM

I would like to automate finding pending requests (sometimes these can happen
during duplications and nobody knows until they look at the logs to find out
why it is taking longer than normal) and then send an e-mail to operations to
load the tape.

vmoprcmd looks like it can be used, but requires to be ran from each media
server.  Is there an easier way to do this?  a file to look at or maybe a
pending request "notify" that gets called?

Also, is there a command line equivalent to resubmit the request like in
Device Monitor?

Thanks,

Scott