Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT SQL question

2001-08-21 12:21:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT SQL question
From: ntrbtr AT yahoo DOT com (bob krane)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:21:12 -0700 (PDT)
We just go the Netback up data center edition. We have
a SQL 7 database that we expect to grow extremely
large(a few terabytes.) My question is if there is a
way to restore single rows from a back up so that if
we lose some data(user deletes it)we don't need to
restore the entire database? Basicaly we are looking
for an efficient solution to not have to restore a
whole database. I know that the oracle agents on UNIX
have the ability to block level incrementals which is
efficient but I am not sure you could restore just a
row. If any one could give me some feedback I would
greatly appreciate this.
Thanks