Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exporting Catalog

2001-08-20 14:06:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exporting Catalog
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:06:42 -0700 (PDT)
review chapter 5 of the troubleshooting guide to
recover the database to the other master server.

Its pretty straight forward.

David

Quoting "Fabbro, Andrew P" <Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com>:

> I have a set of backups in pool 1 that I duplicated
to pool 2.  They will
> be
> taken and loaded (imported) on a different master
server (ours is not to
> reason why...)
>
> How can I also export my Netbackup catalog?  I know I
can just load and
> import the tapes on the other server, but "the guy
who did this for us
> before gave us a tape with the database, too".  Alas,
I am not the guy who
> did this before.
>
> I am wading through bpvault now, but perhaps someone
could give me a
> pointer?  Any help appreciated.
>
> --
> Andrew (Drew) Fabbro
> Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com
> CNF - Unix Servers Group
> "Don't try to be like Jackie.  There is only one
Jackie.
>  Study computers instead." - Jackie Chan

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting