Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Master 3.4 and Media 3.2 servers

2001-08-14 19:25:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Master 3.4 and Media 3.2 servers
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:25:33 -0400 (EDT)
The only thing I know of in writing is in the Installation Guide which
says to upgrade all servers to the same level.  I don't believe you
can get 3.2 and 3.4 servers to interoperate.  I really don't remember
the details but it was something like a new parameter passed to bpbrm
which the 3.2 servers wouldn't understand.  Might have been 3.1.1 and
3.2, but it just sticks in my head that this is known not to work.

Clients (not servers) can generally be one minor rev behind, though I
don't know that is documented and fully supported, it's just been the
way things work for quite awhile.  But to get SunOS support, you'd
have to be running 3.1.1 clients.  You're probably looking at NFS
here.

Of course, official answers on supportability would have to come from
VERITAS support.

--
Larry Kingery
             He who dies with the most toys is still dead