Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media server doesn't release drive.

2001-08-09 15:23:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media server doesn't release drive.
From: Ying.Xu AT TeleCheck DOT com (Xu, Ying)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:23:16 -0500
Hi,

We are running NBU datacenter 3.4 in SAN/SSO environment (Master server is a
E450, we have both unix and NT media servers.  The tape library  is L700
with 20 tape drives, which are connected to 5 crossroad bridges, which are
connected to 2 brocade switches).  Occastionally, we have down drives on
unix side.  We found out that after backups some media servers unmount tapes
fine but dont release drives.  The robot will load the tape for next backup
to the drive, then find out it doesnt have permission to open the device.
Fortunately, it doesnt cause backup to fail, it just downs the drive.  Our
st.conf entry looks like this:

DLT7k-data = 1,0x38,0,0x1D639,4,0x82,0x83,0x84,0x85,3;

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ying