Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Fwd: question about a valid SSO Hardware configuration]

2001-08-09 15:47:00
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Fwd: question about a valid SSO Hardware configuration]
From: ysbrand AT usa DOT net (ysbrand bergman)
Date: 9 Aug 2001 20:47:00 MET DST
Yes it's absolutely legal. In fact, even the robotic arm can be connected to
one of the mediaservers instead of the master, if necessary.

I really like to know why you want to create such a setup, just out of
curiosity, and learn about reason that are justifying this.

Thanks,

Ysbrand

Ladmvo AT aol DOT com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about a valid SSO HW configuration.
>
> Let's suppose a SSO configuration with server ONE being the NetBackup Master
Server (acting as the device allocation host) with a SCSI cable connected to
the DLT library to control the robot.

> Server TWO and THREE will be Media Servers both with FC connection to the
SAN and some DLT8000 drives connected to the SAN (using Crossroads bridges).

> Is it possible to have this Master Server acting as the device allocation
host with no FC connection to the SAN?