Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option

2001-08-08 11:18:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
I agree Rob, the tests I have asked some others to
perform (since I'm all NT right now) turned up the same
results you found.  It must have been an earlier
version, in fact I know it was an earlier version now
that I think about it.

DAC

Quoting Rob Worman <rob AT worman DOT org>:

> [...]
point.

type is
were

it

an Adv.

> Well in looking back at the images db files on an NBU
3.4 master
> server, I noticed an ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES client that
DOES happen to back
> up a vxfs filesystem first - and then it backs up ufs
filesystems with
> no apparent problems.
>
> So I'm planting the flag (and then I'll stop worrying
about it):

>     A backup stream in NetBackup 3.4 has no problem
backing up a vxfs
>     filesystem followed by a ufs filesystem.
>
> Maybe it was a problem with an older version...
>
> rob

with Yahoo! Messenger
> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting