Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone using vopied?

2001-08-08 10:29:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone using vopied?
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:29:15 +0200

 i've set ip up once on my 5 test machines.

 - WinNT / Win200 / Solaris - works fine, as long as you follow the
   documentation, which is not, by the way, always very clear.
 - Win98  : NetBackup client crash during backup if vopie authentification
   is enabled.

 good to protect against network unauthorized access, but clients
modification is more complicated because of the necessity to
keep keys sync between hosts - and it's where the documentation
is not always very clear.

 another thing i've noticed, on Windows with vopied enabled,
machine name is case sensitive. if you've have a script with
fe.

 master=%COMPUTERNAME%
 vmquery -M %master%

 then it will fails with vopie, because Windows variable are
upper case by default.
 CaseID 150038087, i don't know if it has been documented somewhere.

 Amicalement,
             fx

--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | Having been erased,
François-Xavier Peretmere | The document you're seeking