Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Assigned tapes no longer in database

2001-08-07 10:06:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Assigned tapes no longer in database
From: dchrastil AT bcbsga DOT com (Daniel Chrastil)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:06:57 -0400
guru's
Have a problem with assigned tapes which used to belong to a certain
media manager which no longer exists.  I can not expire the date,
freeze, delete, etc., because I get the same message on anything I
attempt to remove these tapes.  (requested media id was not found in NB
media database and/or MM volume database.  I can do a strings on
/usr/openv/volmgr/database/volDB and find them.  Is it possible to
modify this file to remove them or how would one remove these tapes so
they can be added back to the scratchpool?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is consuming a
great many tapes.  I do not need any information on any of these tapes
any longer.

Thanks,

Dan Chrastil
Senior Systems Programmer