Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status error 11 on NT4 client (system call failed)

2001-08-06 16:02:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status error 11 on NT4 client (system call failed)
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:02:53 -0400
Mario:

When we saw these errors for our NT clients, it was always
associated with an OTM error. If this is the case at your site,
try adding this param to the registry on the client; you may be
running out of OTM cache space. This happens alot if a system is
very busy during backup.

I know the desrcription says that OTM continues but Veritas has
come back and said that it does not work correctly, so, try
increasing the cache size. (double it if need be)

OTM_Cache_Size_Max = <value>

?  Specifies the maximum cache size (in megabytes) of the cache
file. If the cache file reaches this size and more cache is
required, Open Transaction Manager is turned off and the backup
continues. However, relationships between the backed up files can
be lost because the snapshot is not used. The default maximum
cache size is 50 megabytes. This can also be set this to 0 and
NetBackup will dynamically allocate space.

Charlie Somogyi
BMS
Princeton, NJ