Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option

2001-08-06 12:09:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:09:34 -0700
Wow, now _I'm_ scared.  Can someone verify this?
(Especially somebody from Veritas.)

At 07:59 AM 8/6/2001 -0700, David A. Chapa wrote:
>C:
>
>There was a post some time ago about this very point.
>
>If you used ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and the first fs type is
>backed up was VxFS and the subsequent fs types were
>different it would not backup the different type.
>
>I'm sure if someone did a search of the archives it
>would be discovered...I don't have the time now.
>
>I also had a student of mine bring it up during an Adv.
>NBU Class.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs,   your storage experts
Voice: 760 710 7017                            Fax: 760 710 7019
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com curtis AT backupcentral DOT com