Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] GFS tape rotation

2001-08-03 11:15:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] GFS tape rotation
From: Bagdoo.Jean AT hydro.qc DOT ca (Bagdoo.Jean AT hydro.qc DOT ca)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:15:16 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C11C2F.1A08A7A0

I'm trying to implement a grandfather-father-son tape rotation scheme using
NBU 3.4, but NB scheduling does not lend itself well to that type of scheme.
I.e., I plan on having separate tapes for mon, tue, wed, thur, sat, sun, and
fri1, fri2, fri3, fri4, fri5, month1, month2, month3.  How can I schedule
the friday tapes?  Also, I have many classes which I will have to multiply
by the number of tapes, in order for each schedule to use a different tape.
Any suggestions?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C11C2F.1A08A7A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>GFS tape rotation</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I'm trying to implement a =
grandfather-father-son tape rotation scheme using NBU 3.4, but NB =
scheduling does not lend itself well to that type of scheme.&nbsp; =
I.e., I plan on having separate tapes for mon, tue, wed, thur, sat, =
sun, and fri1, fri2, fri3, fri4, fri5, month1, month2, month3.&nbsp; =
How can I schedule the friday tapes?&nbsp; Also, I have many classes =
which I will have to multiply by the number of tapes, in order for each =
schedule to use a different tape.&nbsp;&nbsp; Any =
suggestions?</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C11C2F.1A08A7A0--