Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups

2001-08-02 18:09:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups
From: guys AT firstlogic DOT com (Guy Speier)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:09:31 -0500
I read the following and it got me thinking, is there a way to run pre &
post scripts (in the bp_start & bp_end fashion) for NDMP backups?

thanks
guy

How do I exclude files and directories from NDMP backups?
>From a NetApp engineer (via Rob Worman <rob AT colltech DOT com>):
The way to exclude files on NetApp when using NetBackup with NDMP is to use
an entry in the file list that sets the EXCLUDE NDMP environmental variable.

For example, if you wanted to exclude a directory named /vol/vol1/A, but
wanted to dump the rest of the volume, your NetBackup class file list would
look like this:

SET EXCLUDE = A
/vol/vol1

To exclude multiple files or directories, you would use commas to delimit
the field:

SET EXCLUDE = A,B,C
/vol/vol1

The rules are stated as being the same as they are for native dump commands.

The exclude list is specified relative to the dump path.  If a directory
name or file name contains a space, you probably need to enclose the string
in quotes:

SET EXCLUDE = 'file with space in name'
/vol/volx

Take a look at the ontap manuals for DUMP for more information.