Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot delete assigned volumes

2001-08-02 12:03:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot delete assigned volumes
From: james.park AT bt DOT com (james.park AT bt DOT com)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:03:59 +0100
Try...

vmquery -m <MEDIAID>

and then from that output you should be able to complete this command...

vmquery -deassignbyid <media_id> <pool_number> <status>

This will unassign the tape, so you can delete in the normal manner.

I hope that helps...

...James

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000
This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or
email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.'