Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot delete assigned volumes

2001-08-02 06:04:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot delete assigned volumes
From: mpareja AT iddeo DOT es (Mario Pareja)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:04:07 +0200
Hi!

I have two 'assigned' volumes (two assigned tapes), and i want to delete
them (not delete physically the tapes, but delete the 'volumes' and create
new ones)

But i can't do it, cause Veritas 'says' the volumes are assigned (they
have an "assigned time")

The question is: how can i unassign these volumes? I tried expiring the
volumes, but with no satisfactory results.

What can i do to delete these assigned volumes (unassign the time the tapes
were mounted, or something else, maybe)

PS: I have an IRIX master server with Datacenter 3.4, and the volume created
are DDS3-DAT 4 mm. tapes

Mario Pareja Nieto
Área de Sistemas-OPENET
Iddeo-Retevisión I, S. A.