Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Setting Up an SSO environment

2001-08-01 16:45:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Setting Up an SSO environment
From: VChristiansen AT geico DOT com (Christiansen, Valor)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:45:13 -0400
New to Netbackup.  I have the master server running fine.  Also clients are
backing up to the master server.  Now I am trying to set up a media server
with SSO, and having problems.  Here is what is happening:

On the media server (DWMO), I installed the Netbackup server software.  I
installed keys for media server, Library-based tape drive support, and SSO
option.  Is this correct, and do I need to install a client license on this
machine in order for it to back itself up?

On media server (DWMO) I added a new robot.  Device host - DWMO.  Volume
Database Host - DWDBA. Robot Control Host - DWDBA.  Robot Number 0.  Same
robot number as installed on the master server DWDBA.

On media server (DWMO) added two multihosted drives to the robot.  These
drives shared between DWMO and DWDBA.

On Master Server DWDBA, defined a storage unit.  Specified media server
dwmo.  Robot number 0.

On Master Server DWDBA, defined a backup class. Specified Storage unit for
DWMO.  Gave it a class volume pool (Unixsys) which has several tapes in it.
Defined the client as DWMO.  Question:  Why does the class attributes
display show the server as dwdba?

Run the backup class manually from DWDBA.  Got error 213 - No storage units
available for use.

I'm sure I am missing the obvious, but it is driving me nuts.  Anyone who
has done this see where I goofed?

Val Christiansen
Unix Support
(301) 718-5599