Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2001-08-01 09:25:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 06:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
I would love to know who that instructor was...it is
possible, but outside of NBUs scheduler.

You can create a class with a schedule that has not
times associated with it (no window), then you can set
up a cron job to perform a manual backup of this class
using this schedule at any time you like.  Even the end
of the month.

This problem with NBUs scheduler is supposed to be
addressed in V4.

David

Quoting Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka

Allison wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to run a backup to kick off on
a particular
> day,...for
> > example the last day of every month?
>
> As we were told by the instructor in NetBackup
advanced class, it is not
> possible.

bu

> --
> Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
> Unix System Administrator
> ePocrates Inc.
> tel 650.232.4886
> fax 650.592.6995
bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting