Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] intermittent problems with Silo connectivity netbackup datacenter 3.4 Patch J0850645

2001-07-31 11:06:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] intermittent problems with Silo connectivity netbackup datacenter 3.4 Patch J0850645
From: gguenthe AT csc DOT com (gguenthe AT csc DOT com)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:06:32 -0500
We are having a bad problem with Silo connectivity.

Netbackup Master/Media Server SUN E4000

Two STK9710 Silos 10 DLT7000's EACH.

We do a sgscan and all of the devices show up.

Everything robtests fine.

In the middle of backups, each drive eventually gets downed.

bp.kill and then restart veritas, and the TLD's do not come up.

sgscan shows all of the tape drives OK, but does no show the Silo(Robotic
connection).

Each robotic connection is on a separate SCSI Channel.

Reboot the server, SGSCAN shows everything OK, TLD's come up fine.

Backups run for a day or two, then the problem repeats.

STK says the SILO's are OK.

Greg Guenther
CSC
gguenthe AT csc DOT com