Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cumulative incremental problems.

2001-07-31 10:01:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cumulative incremental problems.
From: steve AT neptune.on DOT ca (Steve Mickeler)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:01:52 -0400 (EDT)
Do cumulative incrementals only apply to the class that is being backed
up, or does apply directly to the client ?

The person who was here before me had setup a seperate class and
schedule for each server.

So, for server A there is class A_weekly with a full backup on saturday
night at midnight, then there is a class A_daily which does a cumulative
incremental backup on sunday through friday night at midnight.

It looks like the cumulative incrementals are backing up as much data as
the full backups, leading me to beleive that the A_daily class is not
seeing any full backups within its class and is going ahead and backing
everything up since it has no previous full backup info.

Does this make sense ?

I also noticed that the 'True Image Recovery Information' option under the
class attributes on both classes has not been selected. Will this have an
impact on the ability to do a cumulative incremental backup ?

Thanks.

Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

| Steve Mickeler * Network Operations |
|     Neptune Internet Services       |

1024D/ACB58D4F = 0227 164B D680 9E13 9168  AE28 843F 57D7 ACB5 8D4F