Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] forcing a backup session to use a particular volume

2001-07-24 13:40:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] forcing a backup session to use a particular volume
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:40:51 -0500
What I usually do in cases like this is use a retention period that no other
schedules use.

then it doesn't matter where the tape lives  (pool-wise), as long as you
aren't co-locating dissimilar retention periods, it will always select this
tape to perform the backup for that particular class/schedule because of its
unique retention period.

Alternatively, as you have already mentioned having a different pool, if
possible would also accomplish the same thing.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com