Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2001-07-20 10:31:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: Matthew.Secaur AT cna DOT com (Secaur,Matthew J.)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:31:09 -0500
I think anyone interested in this thread should check out Veritas TechNote
ID:237779 which talks about a media's "Status" being set to "0x1" for
NetBackup media and "0x0" for regular media.  Changing this status from
"0x1" to "0x0" will allow bplabel to rewrite the header on these tapes.

To summarize the TechNote:

1)      Use vmquery to see the Status of a tape
2)      Use vmquery -deassignbyid <media_id> <pool_number> <status> to
change status
3)      Use bplabel as normal

For more detailed information, see the TechNote.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/srchengine/sth.dll?Tag&Path=seer%2Esupport%2
Everitas%2Ecom%2Fdocs%2F237779%2Ehtm&CiRestriction=bplabel