Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large Incremental NT Backups

2001-07-16 18:26:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large Incremental NT Backups
From: lfafard AT saskpower DOT com (Lowell Fafard)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:26:46 -0600
Can anyone shed a little light on this for me.

We are backing up an NT File server which is approximately 95 GB in size
for the full backup.  The next night we do a cumlative incremental backup,
and about 35 GB of the 95 get backed up?  I thought that the cinc backup
only backs up the files that have changed since the last fullbackup.

We have another NT file server that is approximately 120 GB in size for the
full.  When we do a cinc backup the next night it backs up around 1 GB and
increase to about 5 GB through the week until the next full.  Both servers
are setup similarly and both use True Image Recovery.

Has any one else run it this cinc NT problem?

Thanks
Lowell