Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware backups over 100GIG take 3 times longer than smaller backups

2001-07-13 18:26:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware backups over 100GIG take 3 times longer than smaller backups
From: rlbaugh AT hewitt DOT com (Robin Baugh)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:26:13 -0500
Has anyone noticed that a Netware backup over 100 GIG takes much longer than a
smaller backup? We are currently using targeted backups on Veritas Netbackup
version 3.4 patch version 645.  We are currently using BP NLM's dated 2/22/01.
The Netware servers are 5.1 w/ service pack 2A with standard Netware volumes
with compression. Two identical servers, side-by-side, one server is 70GIG and
takes 5 hours, one is 100GIG and takes 18+hours. Network is clean. Anyone else
experienced this?