Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Database Tape

2001-07-09 12:00:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Database Tape
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:00:53 -0700 (PDT)
My rule of thumb is a catlog tape goes with every
offsite set of tapes.  This ensures that I have a
complete package in the event of a full disaster.

You can use bpsyncinfo to see which tape has the latest
info on it, however, I would probably do my own
independent backup of the db with bpbackupdb.

Are you duplicating images or just taking fulls off
every day?  If not, then you are sending your ONLY copy
off site, which may not pass a Sys Audit.

There are a couple of script for dB backup on the
Advanced NetBackup Scripting site and I know Curtis has
one too on Backup Central.

David

Quoting Xu Chen <xu.chen AT ptech DOT com>:

> I am working on Tape Rotation/Management strategy. We
took Offsite tapes
> out
> everyday. Just wonder what's the common practice for
Catalog Tape, should
> we
> take one of the Catalog Tape offsite as well? Is
there an easy way to find
> out which catalog tape contains latest backup image?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Xu

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting