Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows NT - Making Changes to Network and SCSI Buffers to improv e performance

2001-07-05 18:11:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows NT - Making Changes to Network and SCSI Buffers to improv e performance
From: MDay AT qrs DOT com (Day, Michael)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:11:20 -0700
(1) Where on NT exactly do you make changes to the network buffer size for
both the client and the media server, (2) What is the maximum size  and (3)
In what log do you see those changes reflected?  I've gotten two answers to
the first question ... make a NETWORK_BUFFER_SZ folder on both ends but I
don't know exactly where that file goes.  Also I've been told that this
setting is in the registry on both ends: HKEY_LOCAL
MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NETBACKUP\CurrentVersion\CONFIG - Buffer_Size.

I know the BPTM logs reflect changes in the SCSI buffers: "io_init: using
xxxxx data buffer size" and "io_init: using xxxx data buffers" but where
does it say what the Network buffer settings are ("io_set_recvbuf: setting
receive network buffer to 32032 bytes"?  If so then why 32032?).  How big
can they be?  I've got a Compaq ML370 with 2/733's and 2gb RAM.  Am I
limited by the OS or by hardware?

Thanks,
Mike Day