Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error Code 52: Receiving a lot of these with my SSO backups.

2001-07-01 15:01:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error Code 52: Receiving a lot of these with my SSO backups.
From: Keilani.Burrage AT barclaysglobal DOT com (Burrage, Keilani BGI SDC)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 12:01:25 -0700
Current Environment:
*       Solaris2.6 NBU Data Center 3.4
*       Patches J0850645 & P08500697
*       ATL P3000 (DLT7000)

I started receiving status code 52 after upgrading my DLT drives to fiber &
multihosted.  I configured SSO on seven SAN servers.  (This is a mix of SUN
& WIN2000 servers.)  At times these backups do not release the drive it is
using even if the backup completes successfully.  At other times the backups
fail with error code 52 even though there are drives available.  This is
beginning to affect my LAN backups.  They too are receiving 52s from time to
time.  If I do not run SAN (SSO) backups the problem goes away.
Unfortunately I need to run SAN backups.

Has anyone experienced this?  What is causing this error?  HELP!
Keilani Burrage
Operations Analyst
IT Operations
 voice *  (916) 463-6378 Desk
voice *  (916) 798-5081 Cell
e-mail *  keilani.burrage AT barclaysglobal DOT com