Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Researching a new Tape Library

2001-06-29 11:52:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Researching a new Tape Library
From: donna.nadimi AT lucasfilm DOT com (Donna Nadimi)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:52:43 -0700
I have a STK 9740 (DLT), which I love dearly.  Haven't had a single problem
with it since I got it two years ago.

But, now I need to find a bigger solution for potentially backing up 125TB
natively.  Needs to be supported by Veritas running on Solaris.

Anyone have any ideas about this?  What about LTO?  What about AIT?  What
about DTF?  Anything fabric ready?

Any input would be appreciated.

I appreciate all the advice I've gotten from this wonderful group of people.

--donna

Donna L. Nadimi
UNIX Systems Engineer
Lucasfilm Ltd.
donna.nadimi AT lucasfilm DOT com
415-662-1956

"UNIX is user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are."