Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Daily Backup Status reports

2001-06-28 11:11:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Daily Backup Status reports
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
I have a backup status script on my Adv. NetBackup
Scripting Site (http://www.xbpadm-commands.com) that
uses bperror as you do Ian.  This one will also list
the erros in detail at the bottom of the report.

Might be helpful...this is usually run in the morning.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
---------------------------------------
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting

Quoting Ian M Terry <ITerry AT cyberdialogue DOT com>:

> i have a cron job that root runs every morning and
emails the output to me
> - it's really very basic, but effective.
>
> bperror -U -backstat -by_statcode | /bin/mailx -s
Backup Status
> iterry AT cyberdialogue DOT com
>
> -ian
>

> ---++---++---++---
> Ian Terry x7024
> System Administrator
> Cyber Dialogue
> ---++---++---++---
>

>                     "David A.
Chapa"

>                     <david@xbpadm-
commands.com>          To:     "W. Curtis
> Preston" <curtis AT backupcentral DOT com>
>                     Sent
by:                             cc:     Gregory
> Floro <gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com>,
>                     veritas-bu-
admin AT mailman DOT eng.
> markjessup AT northwesternmutual DOT com, veritas-
bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

auburn.edu                           Subject:     Re:
> [Veritas-bu] Daily Backup Status reports
>

>                     06/28/2001 09:05
AM

>                     Please respond to "David
A.