Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: start notify and multiple data streams

2001-06-21 13:38:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: start notify and multiple data streams
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:38:26 -0700
The dedicated tape kind of removes the possibility of jobs remaining queued.

You might want to look at the other fix for this problem, though.  It's
pretty easy.

You create a class that calls another class.  The class that calls the
second class actually runs the bpstart_notify, and the second class does
the backing up and multistreaming.

At 10:50 AM 6/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>The last thing in the bpstart_notify is sleep 180 (independent of stream
>number), which gives us plenty of time for our database scripts to complete.
>
>We have a dedicated oracle tape drive and do not run multiple clients in the
>same class.  It seems to me that it would be odd for some of a client's jobs
>to remain in queue at the same point in time that all the client's active
>jobs are completed.  Or at least, I have not seen that unless there was some
>other issue.  Am I missing something?
>I am relatively unfamiliar with NetBackup, I appreciate all the productive
>input.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs, your storage experts
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com Phone: 760 631 7991