Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #503 - 13 msgs

2001-06-20 01:22:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #503 - 13 msgs
From: weimaraner" <weimaraner AT earthlink DOT net (weimaraner)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:22:05 -0500
Terry, Others with 9840 tape drives,

Get your storagetek engineer to give you microcode level 1.28.126 or higher.
We were seeing a large and very consistent problem with 86 error codes. It
would run the first backup and then the second job to the same tape in the
same drive would generate an 86 error. (media error) Imation is reportedly
having some trouble with a couple of their tapes and the mir block, but not
in any large numbers. I would highly recommend that you get the microcode
upgrade ASAP before spending too much time on the tapes. I think you will
find that this patch level fixes a number of problems.

regards,

Paul

  10. Status 84's (Spicuzza, Terry G)