Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] veritas problem ?

2001-06-18 11:16:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] veritas problem ?
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:16:18 -0400
> I'm having a problem with my client backup. It taking
> too long for 100 GB, in about 15 plus hour through
> 100MB/s.  Do i need to put some parameters in ?  My
> client platform are HP-UX 10.20, 11.00 and NT v4.0
> SP5.  Do i need to put any patches for HP-UX client ?
> Do i need to increase the data buffers/cache on NT
> client?  One of the NT machine giving status code 1
> while other taking to much time to do a backup.  I'm
> using STKL700 with 9840 drives.  Can someone give me

While not being directly NetBackup related, you may need to hard set your
switches/NIC's. Here we went through and manually set all NIC's and switches
to 100Full duplex. Auto negotiation is broken. If we try to run a backup on
a system/switch set to auto-negotiate, it takes upwards of a day for
something that wold normally take half an hour.

Jason