Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT 4.0 with Compressed Drives at the NTFS and OTM turned on

2001-06-15 10:29:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT 4.0 with Compressed Drives at the NTFS and OTM turned on
From: Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com (Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:29:26 -0400
Just wanted to know if anybody else is having this problem. You may not know
about it until you investigate it like we did.

We are running to Servers with Solaris 2.6 with NetBackup 3.4 with patch 645.
One is a master server and the other is a media server. We backup several
clients that are NT & Solaris.  This is the problem we ran into. If you are
using OTM on and NetBackup client version 3.4 for NT 4.0 with or without any
patches and the drive is compressed at the NT level it backs up less data and
files. If you turne OTM off it backups up all files and more data. This does not
happen with the NetBackup client version 3.2 with any patch. As soon as you
upgrade to version 3.4 it stops working with OTM on. We been able to duplicate
at our site from testing with NetBackup client 3.2 base and applying patches for
each test. Once you insall 3.4 on client it does not work. Our case has been
open with Veritas for 1 month with still no resolution. Just wanted to know if
anyone else has seen this or maybe they don't realize that it's happening so you
may want to check your backups with NT that have compressed drives with OTM on
using client version 3.4 with any patches.

Thanks