Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup prventive maintanance, anyone??

2001-06-13 14:01:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup prventive maintanance, anyone??
From: ysbrand AT usa DOT net (ysbrand bergman)
Date: 13 Jun 2001 19:01:56 MET DST
Hi,

Just wondering, is anybody doing some preventive maintenance, or let say,
preventive monitoring of their Netbackup environment? If so, what are you
doing.

Explanation,
We all are checking if our backups jobs have been running on a regular basis,
but I see this as a kind of after the fact thing. What I'm really looking for
is how can I make sure that everything is in shape to run  my backups
properly.

Things I've been thinking about are:
- Are my daemons running on all servers
- Can I contact my clients over the network
- Netbackup catalog checks
- Filespace monitoring for the filesystem that Netbackup is using for
catalogues etc.

Any ideas?

Ysbrand