Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ejecting tapes from a TLD robot.

2001-06-04 13:36:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ejecting tapes from a TLD robot.
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:36:14 -0500
Hello Douglas

This was discussed on the list before.   Apparently there's an undocumented flag
to the vmchange command that ejects the tapes.   Depending on your robot, it may
work.   The command line will be something like:

     /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -m $TAPE -mt dlt -v OFFSITE -e

However, with an ADIC Scalar 1000, it will eject a single tape, wait a few
seconds, take the tape from the IE station and put it back in the library and
claim that it can't eject the tape because the IE slot was already occupied
however it will have recorded the tape as having been ejected.   I think there's
an inversion in the Scalar 1000 firmware for the routine that checks if the slot
is occupied i.e.: it ejects first then checks to see if the destination IE slot
is occupied.   If anyone with a Scalar 1000 is out there, I'd appreciate
verification on this or better yet a solution.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          [email protected]|
|        |          ujitsu.com            |
|        |                                |
|        |          06/04/01 12:23 PM     |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu          |
  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron           |
  |       Communications)                                    |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] Ejecting tapes from a TLD|
  |       robot.                                             |

I'm using Netbackup 3.4 Data Center. Does anyone know if there is a
command for ejecting tapes from a TLD robotic library, rather than using
the GUI?

--
Douglas Ritschel
Fujitsu Network Communications