Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Frozen media

2001-05-29 16:26:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Frozen media
From: kjf40180 AT GlaxoWellcome DOT com (Frinzl, Ken)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:26:31 -0400
  The first time I ran the media summary report I found 100's of frozen
tapes.  I went through and unfroze all tapes that were expired.  I than
created a script to check for frozen tapes daily and then it would run the
bperror report for media.   This report would identify why any new tapes
were being frozen.   I discovered that some media servers DIDN'T have the
ALLOW MEDIA OVERWRITE for tar files in the bp.conf file.  I updated my
bp.conf and unfroze all the other tapes.  Now the only frozen tapes I see
are from 3 write attempts that failed, which are very few now.

Ken Frinzl
Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
Five Moore Drive
PO Box 13398